Piotr Malecki: Where Meat Means Money
In America, meat is big business. The meat and poultry industry is the largest sector of US agriculture, grossing an impressive US $ 155 billion in 2009 and employing a total of some 6.2 million people in companies involved in meat production along with their suppliers, distributors, retailers and other connected industries.
Piotr Malecki set out to look at the diverse components – from cowboys to slaughterers and meat packers -that make America’s meat industry such a colossal economic venture. His journey took him through the US state of Kansas, one of the main localities for beef production.
- Panos Pictures at the 11th Yangon Photo Festival
- Behind the scenes of the DAU
- William Daniels’ new book ‘Wilting Point’ available from éditions imogene
- William Daniels exhibiting at the Pavillon Carré de Baudouin in Paris
- Martin Roemers exhibiting at Zeitgeschichtliches Forum Leipzig in Germany
- Julio Etchart speaking at the Obscura Festival in George Town, Penang, Malaysia
- Stuart Freedman leading workshop at London’s Photographers’ Gallery
- Martin Roemers interviewed on Germany’s Mitteldeutscher Rundfunk (MDR)
- Kacper Kowalski published in El Pais Semanal