Anton Hammerl still missing in Libya
South African photographer and former picture editor of the Johannesburg Saturday Star Anton Hammerl went to Libya on 28 March 2011 to cover the crisis.
On the evening of Monday 4 April, Hammerl skyped his family, informing them that he would be driving with another group of journalists to a rural location some distance from Benghazi. They haven’t heard from him since.
Hammerl’s archive is represented by our partner agency Africa Media Online in South Africa. Click HERE to view more of his work.
- Iberian Isolation with Ben Roberts
- Mary Turner gets Honourable Mention at PHMUSEUM 2020 Photography Grant
- Lock Down Britain
- In Isolation with Tom Pilston
- Reactions to coronavirus around the world
- Oslo in Lockdown by Fredrik Naumann
- Ian Teh published in National Geographic Magazine
- WHO – The Situation Room
- Andrea Gjestvang interviewed on Lensculture