Carlos Spottorno’s ‘Palmyra, the other side’ nominated for a European Press Prize
Carlos Spottorno‘s unique take on the ancient city of Palmyra and the effect of the Syrian Civil War on efforts to preserve the priceless treasures has been shortlisted for the Innovation category of this year’s European Press Prize.
Carlos worked with Guillermo Abril to create a graphic novel out of the work he shot in and around Palmyra and other locations in Syria and the work was published in El Pais Semanal and Süddeutsche Zeitung. The winners will be announced on 23 May 2019 in Warsaw.
- Rhodri Jones exhibiting at Spazio Lavì! in Bologna, Italy
- Elena Chernyshova’s “North East Passage” published in El Mundo in Spain
31 January 2020 – Britain leaves the EU
Panos photographers’ impressions
- Matthew Abbott published in El País
- Matthew Abbott in the L’Obs
- Elena Chernyshova published in Schweizer Illustrierte magazine
- Julio Etchart exhibiting at Rich Mix in London
- Nyani Quarmyne published in Terra Mater
- Australian bushfires by Matthew Abbott