Carlos Spottorno’s ‘Palmyra, the other side’ nominated for a European Press Prize
Carlos Spottorno‘s unique take on the ancient city of Palmyra and the effect of the Syrian Civil War on efforts to preserve the priceless treasures has been shortlisted for the Innovation category of this year’s European Press Prize.
Carlos worked with Guillermo Abril to create a graphic novel out of the work he shot in and around Palmyra and other locations in Syria and the work was published in El Pais Semanal and Süddeutsche Zeitung. The winners will be announced on 23 May 2019 in Warsaw.
- Catalina Martin-Chico interviewed about World Press Photo winning work
- Tommy Trenchard featured in The Economist’s 1843 Magazine
- Noriko Hayashi featured in the The Japan Times
- Ramin Mazur exhibiting at Pasinger Fabrik in Munich, Germany
- Elena Chernyshova exhibiting at Festival Photo La Gacilly in France
- Ivor Prickett interviewed about his new book “End of the Caliphate” by Steidl
- Nick Hannes exhibited at imageSingulières in Sète, France
- Tommy Trenchard cover on Penguin book about Rohingya crisis
- Two Panos photographers shortlisted for Wellcome Photography Prize 2019