Four Panos photographers nominated for the Prix Pictet
Four Panos photographers – Patrick Brown, Ivor Prickett, Andrew McConnell and Robin Hammond – have been nominated for the prestigious Prix Pictet, an annual award for photography and sustainability. Since 2008, 200 nominators worldwide have chosen photographers over the course of seven cycles of the award with themes ranging from Water, Earth and Growth to Power, Consumption, Disorder and Space. This year’s theme is Hope.
Ivor has been nominated for his extensive work on Iraq and Syria.
Patrick has been nominated for his long term project coincidentally called ‘Hope’.
Andrew’s work on refugees crossing the Mediterranean has been nominated.
and Robin’s long term work on members of the LGBTQ community around the world – Where Love Is Illegal – has also been nominated for the award.
- Panos Pictures at the 11th Yangon Photo Festival
- Behind the scenes of the DAU
- William Daniels’ new book ‘Wilting Point’ available from éditions imogene
- William Daniels exhibiting at the Pavillon Carré de Baudouin in Paris
- Martin Roemers exhibiting at Zeitgeschichtliches Forum Leipzig in Germany
- Julio Etchart speaking at the Obscura Festival in George Town, Penang, Malaysia
- Stuart Freedman leading workshop at London’s Photographers’ Gallery
- Martin Roemers interviewed on Germany’s Mitteldeutscher Rundfunk (MDR)
- Kacper Kowalski published in El Pais Semanal