Robin Hammond released from prison in Zimbabwe
Panos photographer Robin Hammond has been working on a long-term project about Zimbabwe for the past 2 years. Around 21 April 2012, he was arrested in the South of the country while photographing near the border with South Africa.
After over two weeks in a jail in Beitbridge he was moved to the capital Harare on Saturday 5 May. After intercession from his lawyers and the New Zealand authorities, Robin being a NZ citizen, he was finally released after 3 weeks in detention on 10 May 2012.
He is being flown to London and from there on to Paris. All of us at Panos Pictures and his family and girlfriend Aude Barbera are delighted that he is free and safe.
- Shiho Fukada published in STERN Magazine
- Lianne Milton published in the Washington Post
- Stefan Boness exhibiting in Hoyerswerda, Germany
- Lianne Milton published on Bloomberg Businessweek
- Elena Chernyshova’s Norilsk featured on Lensculture
- Mads Nissen’s We Are Indestructible published in Verdens Gang magazine in Norway
- Minzayar Oo’s award-winning work on jade mining in Myanmar published in Dagens Næringsliv
- Mary Turner’s long-term project on the Dale Farm traveller community published on Washington Post website
- Tommy Trenchard featured in GEO France