The end of the Soviet Union – in tearsheets
Robert Wallis was based in Moscow during the turbulent last years of the Soviet Empire and witnessed some of the era-defining events.
Below, a selection of magazine covers that reflected these historic times.
- Mario Heller published in Rhythms Monthly, Taiwan
- Pascal Maitre exhibiting at Villa Tamaris, La Seyne-sur-Mer, France
- Mario Heller published in Marie Claire, Taiwan
- Tim Dirven published in Africa magazine, Italy
- Simon Townsley published in Africa magazine, Italy
- Lorenzo Maccotta published in Internazionale, Italy
- Pascal Maitre published in Japanese Newsweek magazine
- Musuk Nolte published on The Guardian website
- Tommy Trenchard published in Geographical magazine