Two Panos photographers shortlisted for Wellcome Photography Prize 2019
Robin Hammond has been shortlisted for his image of Yendani, a man from Togo who is living with a mental health condition, who has been brought to the Pentecostal Church of Bokiccenag by his mother to be cured by healing prayers.
Chris de Bode was shortlisted for his image of Valeria and her son Tymofil. Valeria is a young mother from Ukraine who is HIV positive. Her son is not HIV positive.
The overall winner will be announced on 3rd July 2019 and will receive a £ 15,000 prize.
- Kieran Dodds’ Hierotopia published in French GEO Magazine
- Marc Schlossman’s “Extinction” published in The Revelator
- Iva Zimova featured on Private Photo Review
- Pascal Maitre exhibiting at Visa pour l’Image in Perpignan, France
- Ian Teh leading masterclass at Obscura Festival in Penang, Malaysia
- Iva Zimova exhibiting at Šumiac Photo Festival in Slovakia
- Andrew McConnell & Garry Keane’s GAZA documentary showing at BERTHA DOCHOUSE
- Stefan Boness shortlisted for the Alfred Fried Photography Award
- Prague Pandemonium by Björn Steinz – a short video